One of the main activities of Ateknea is to bring innovative solutions to the market. Currently, our most promising vertical is an accurate and affordable solution for air quality monitoring which will allow for the first time, the deployment of a dense and fast pollution mapping tool for cities.
We are looking for a passionate candidate with high degree of autonomy and international (out of Spain) research experience which can lead the scientific development of the project.
- Development of mathematical models for urban air quality modelling.
- Research on inference algorithms to ensure target accuracy levels of pollution sensors in standalone real settings.
- Definition of the validation plan for the developed air quality models.
- Research on recommendation policies for air quality management considering different sources types (including transportation).
- Managing the scientific division of the project.
Requirements ( in order to be eligible, the researchers must):
- Hold a PhD in Atmospheric Physics, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent discipline and 4 years of full-time research experience after obtaining it on the field of air quality modelling or climate modelling.
- For NON PhD applicants, the candidates should have at least 8 years of full-time equivalent research experience, including the period of research training, after obtaining the degree.
- At least 1 year of experience in applied research and/or technology transfer activities (R&D projects involving companies, patents licensing or spin offs).
- Experience in the management of research groups.
- Research experience abroad (out of Spain) of at least 2 years within the last 36 months.
- Experience with programming languages for data processing and signal modelling such as Python, Matlab or R.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques.
- Knowledge of Bayesian model-based inference techniques.
- Strong background on environmental and atmospheric sciences related to air quality monitoring. Specifically, in atmospheric dispersion models.
- Experience with air quality inference software such as ADMS Urban.
- Working in a high-tech company on a international environment.
- Integration in a multidisciplinary R&D group.
- Developing the technology together with leading Smart Cities worldwide such as Barcelona and New York.
- Be involved in a fast growing vertical of the company at initial stages, thus, having high professional growth potential.
- Flexibility at workplace.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility to eventually work from home
- Working together with a young, talented and motivated team.
Please send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org.